Crunchy Biscuits-in-Chocolate Recipe
Brits love biscuits; this was what I noticed when I first came to the UK. There are so many different kinds of biscuits here, it’s unbelievable! But one thing I can’t find is the crunchy biscuits-in-chocolates we have in Japan. You don’t know what I mean? Well, the title speaks for itself; basically it’s some biscuits in chocolates (but different from chocolate ‘covered’ biscuits) :)
It’s probably too easy to be called a recipe, but I assure you, you’ll love the marriage between biscuits and chocolates!
- 150g chocolates, broken to small pieces
- 4 digestive biscuits
- 5 Oreo cookies
1) Place the Oreo cookies in a plastic bag (I’m using a freezer bag), and beat them with a rolling pin. I know it’s fun, but make sure you don’t crush the cookies too much!
2) Add digestive biscuits in the plastic bag, and again beat them with a rolling pin.
3) Place the crushed biscuits and chocolates in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave it for 30-40 seconds. Stir the biscuits and chocolate with a spoon.
4) If the chocolates haven’t melt completely, microwave it for another 30-40 seconds and stir well.
Pour the chocolates-biscuits mix into the mould cavities. Because the biscuits are chunky, they will not fit perfectly in the mould, but never mind!
If you don’t have a chocolate mould, simply drop them on a parchment paper with a spoon. Chill them in a fridge, and you’re done!
Yummy! I like the biscuits to be chunky, but if you prefer less crunchy ones, simply bash them harder (yeeees) at step 1 & 2. Enjoy!