Nail Art: Chanel Inspired Pastel Nails
As I was browsing through photos of Paris fashion week on the Internet, I fell in love with one of the clothes from Chanel’s Spring/Summer 2012 collection.
The moment I saw the combination of the one in the middle, a pastel green top with a pale pink skirt, I wanted to recreate it on my nails (photo credit: telegraph.co.uk). See, I have this pastel green polish that I love but hardly ever use; it looks very cute in the bottle, but not really on my nails (shame!). The result? Mmm… it’s cute but doesn’t have the chic-ness of Chanel, unfortunately!
What I used (from left):
- Paul & Joe / 23
- Barry M / Mint Green 304
- Andrea Fulerton Stripe & Sparkle / Black
To Get the Look:
1) Apply one coat of base coat.
2) Apply three coats of Paul & Joe.
3) Create French manicure with Barry M on your thumb, middle and little fingers.
4) With Andrea Fulerton (it’s a liner polish), draw thin lines at the base of French manicure on your thumb, middle and little fingers, then draw bows on your index and ring fingers.
5) Place black rhinestones on your fingers.
6) Apply one coat of top coat.
These black rhinestones on index and ring fingers are supposed to be buttons (could you guess it?). There are so many other dresses from Spring/Summer collections that I’d love to recreate into nail art, and I’m already excited for next week’s nails!