Van Cleef & Arpels Inspired Nails
Do you have any ‘one day, I’m going to own this’ dream jewellery? One of my dream jewellery is a pair of earrings or a necklace from Sweet Alhambra collection from Van Cleef & Arpels. Their Alhambra collection is elegant, chic yet a little bit girlie, and I absolutely adore them!
This is the one I’m talking about (photo credit: rakuten.co.jp). It’s soooo sweet, but unfortunately, this simple necklace costs about £1600 (about $2600). I know, I can only laugh… Anyway, I decided to wear the sweet motif on my nails and I tell you, it’s so cute that it made me want the real one all the more!
What I used (from left):
- Paul & Joe / 007
- TopShop / Sketch
- TopShop / Cyclone
- miss sporty / French Manicure 03
To Get the Look:
1) Apply one coat of miss sporty (as a base coat).
2) Apply two coats of Cyclone to create French manicure.
3) Apply two coats of Sketch to create double French manicure.
4) Apply a topcoat, and place gold metal balls to create motifs on your thumb and ring finger. For the index finger, place rhinestone first, then add metal balls around the rhinestone.
5) Drop a small amount of Paul & Joe in the middle of the motifs, and with a toothpick, fill the motifs with the polish neatly.
6) Apply one coat of top coat.
This is how the motif (on my thumb) looks without the polish inside. It took me about 5 minutes (and lots of frustrating screams) to achieve the shape.
And this is after putting polish inside (before applying topcoat). I recommend using quick-dry topcoat, otherwise the thick polish inside the motif will take forever to dry!
And finally, this is how my whole hand looks like. I’m really happy how the motifs turned out, but maybe I should have put the rhinestone (on my index finger) at the bottom of the nail…? Anyway, I’m hoping that the day would come when I can finally wear the real thing!