Craft Tutorial; Plastic Animal Pin Cushion
Hello there! As you can see in the photo above, today’s tutorial is something that’s going to make you smile – llama and pin cushion, what’s there not to smile about :) Of course, it doesn’t have to be llama; any plastic animals that are stashed in your drawers or kids’ toy box, now is the time for them to be in the limelight!
* As I am writing this, I found out that my dear llama is actually an alpaca…! Poor alpaca, he is not supposed to work like llamas, no? Too late now!
What you’ll need:
- plastic animal of your choice (mine is made by Schleich)
- pom pom trims and jacquard trim
- double-sided tapes
- felt ball, about 5 cm in diameter
- hot glue gun
1) Cut out a piece of felt into an oval shape, apply double-sided tapes on pom pom trims and jacquard trim, then attach them to the felt. I also added a black and gold trim around the edge of the felt.
For the pin cushion, I’m using a needle & wet felted ball (wool felt will keep needles rust free), but you can use any type of pin cushion as long as it’s small enough for your plastic pal.
2) Apply double-sided tape on the wrong side of the felt, and attach it on the back of
llama alpaca. You can use hot glue gun to attach the felt to the body as well, but I chose double-sided tape so that I’ll be able to take it off (one day I might want to free him from the labour, you know?).
3) Place a small amount of glue with hot glue gun on the middle of the trim (I put a bit too much there).
4) Place the felt ball, and voila, you’re done! Don’t you think he’s got a cute bum, by the way?
llama alpaca, my craft space is going to look so much more cheerful now!
to this. Pretty awesome, right?
I’m in the middle of re-organising my craft space, and hopefully I can reveal it sometime next week (there were lots of failed painting attempts and crafty crisis…), and more plastic animals coming along the way, if you like it or not!