Craft Tutorial; Plastic Animal Ring Holder
Hello lovelies! Hope you are not sick of plastic animals yet, because today’s tutorial will show you how to turn ordinary plastic animals into ring holders – something fun and very practical. If you missed other plastic animals-related projects, please visit these posts: Alpaca Pin Cushion Tutorial and Felt on Plastic Animals Tutorial.
What you’ll need:
- plastic cat(s) (mine is made by Schleich)
- enamel paint / nail polish
[optional from here]
- masking tapes
- double-sided tape / hot glue gun
1) Paint your cats with enamel paints or nail polishes. I’m using plastic cats that I painted with nail polishes about 3 years ago.
2) I still liked the colours, but I wanted to give them a new look, so decided to paint the tips of their tails. If you want to follow this ‘fancy tails’ look, simply wrap masking tapes around the tails and paint the tips.
3) Take the masking tapes off when the paints are dry, and… you’re done! If you want to add something extra, the tutorial continues after the images :)
My cats have small heads, so most of my rings can be hung on the necks as well as the tails. Good girls!
So, here is the ‘extra’. I have too many things around my desk at the moment, so I decided to put the ring holders on corkboard to save some desk space.
Simply attach two pushpins on the back of each cat with hot glue gun or double-sided tape. I chose double-sided tape because one day I might want to free them from the hard labour :)
Looking cute from every angle! My only worry is that I’m not sure how long the double-sided tape will hold (they are quite sturdy at the moment), but I cannot make myself hot-gluing pushpins to my kitties…
Anyways, no real animals were harmed during the process :) Have a lovely weekend!