Nail Art Tutorial: ZigZag Decal How-To
Happy Monday, lovelies! Today’s tutorial will show you how to create zigzag nail art in an easy way.
I’ve been dying to try zigzag designs like Missoni’s textiles or chevron, but I always failed perfecting the design because… well, my hands were too shaky. So, if you are not too confident about your hand-painting skill like me, this tutorial is perfect for you :)
- nail polishes (for your base colour + for zigzags)
- tea-off paper pallet
- pinking shears
1) Let’s start by making decals. Apply small amount of nail polish on the paper pallet, and let it dry (for more detailed instructions on how to make decals, please read this post).
2) When the polish is completely dry (I mean, 100% completely dry), cut the dried polish with pinking shears to make a thin stip.
3) Slowly peel the polish off from the paper pallet, and your decal is ready! If the polish doesn’t peel off easily, the polish isn’t dry enough yet.
4) Apply nail polish for the base-colour (I’m using L’Oreal / 101) as you normally do, then place the decals with tweezers.
5) Apply a top coat to finish off.
Easy peasy, right? At first I tried cutting the decals without the paper pallet (the same way as making triangle decals), but the dried polish wasn’t strong enough and shattered to pieces… It was such a relief when I tried with the pallet on and worked :)
I’m trying to come up with other design ideas using these decals, but I think I’ll have to try the mighty Missoni first (just make the zigzag decals thinner). Hope you’re going to enjoy zigzag art!