Nail Art: Vivienne Westwood Inspired Nails
Happy Monday, lovelies! This week’s nail art is inspired by the brilliant nail art shown at Vivienne Westwood Autumn-Winter 2012/13 Red Label collection.
These designs are custom made by Minx nails (both photos from: BELLO).
I was dying to try the design, but I couldn’t find any nail art pen at my local shops – and then Mr T gave me an alternative idea, in order to prevent me from buying more nail art stuff online. He handed me a pen, his precious fine-tip permanent marker. And guess what, it worked just fine :)
What I used:
- miss sporty / French Manicure 03
- permanent marker
- black glitter (not in the photo)
To get the look:
1) Apply a top coat.
2) When the polish is dry, doodle on the nails with the permanent marker.
3) For your ring finger, sprinkle black glitter while the polish is wet.
4) When the marker is completely dry (very important), apply a top coat.
Yap, I can’t draw straight lines, even with a pen! But I’m digging this ‘hand-painted’ look. One advice from an impatient gal; do wait for the marker to dry before you apply top coat, otherwise it will smudge (I didn’t wait long enough for the thumb to dry).
Hope you’ll have some fun with your pens, too!