Les Nereides Knockoff Tutorial:
Voluptueuse et Vaporeuse Earrings
It’s been quite a while since I did a knockoff tutorial, and I’m really excited to introduce today’s knockoff earrings from Les Nereides. Well, it’s more of an ‘inspired’ version rather than a knockoff, but hope you’ll like my version, too :)
These are the original version, a gorgeous pearl drop earrings (sold at €85 at Olivolga: photo from Olivolga.com). These enamel flowers add so much elegance and wow-ness to simple pearls, don’t you think? Well, if you are tempted, here is the tutorial!
What you’ll need:
- 2 pearls (I’m using 12mm glass pearls)
- a pair of earwires
- 3 bead caps
- 2 headpins
- glass glue
(not in the photo)
- rhinestones (I’m using rhinestones for nail art)
- small piece of Styrofoam
- 2 pins
- flat-nose pliers, round-nose pliers and wire cutters
1) Cut and separate the leaves from a bead cap.
2) Set the pearls in place on the Styrofoam with pins. Place bead caps and glue them on each pearl. Wait until the glue is set (the glue I used needed about 1hour in the sun to set).
3) Glue the leaves on the pearls.
4) Add some rhinestones, and set aside until the glue is set.
5) Place the head pins, and bend them at 90 degrees angle.
6) Using round-nose pliers, bend the pins into loops.
7) Assemble the loops to the earwires, and you’re done!
So, what do you think? I never thought of cutting motifs out of bead caps, but I think they complement the pearls really well. Hope you enjoyed the tutorial!