Nail Art: Gradient Stripes
I’ve done stripes, and I’ve done gradient art. What now, then, I thought. A mix of both!
- miss sporty / French Manicure 03 (for thumb, middle and little fingers)
- essie / Sand Tropez (for index and ring fingers)
- miss sporty / 80 (for stripes)
- miss sporty / 12 (for polka dots)
How to get the look:
1) Apply base coat.
2) Apply four coats of French Manicure 03 to make gradation art (please read this post for gradient art how-to).
3) While the nails are still wet, apply miss sporty 12 on middle and little fingers using toothpick to make polka dots.
4) Place masking tapes on index and ring finger, apply two coats of Sand Tropez, and peel off the tapes while the nails are still wet.
5) Apply masking tapes on thumb, index and ring fingers. Apply miss sporty 80 with sponge to make black gradient art, then peel off the tapes (please read this post for sponge gradient art how-to).
6) Apply a top coat.
I love the subtle gradation of the sheer cream polish, and the texture of the gradient stripes (reminds me of washi masking tapes). I thought about making the stripes in two or three colours – would be fun, isn’t it? – but in the end decided not to. I’m trying to learn ‘less is more’ sort of look, because I usually over do on my nails (I don’t know how long this will last!).
Anyways, I will try and come up with more summer-ish nail art next week. It doesn’t feel like we are heading to summer at all here in Britain though, just endless rain and bitter cold days, but hey…