Craft Tutorial: Gift Wrapping Ideas
Hello lovelies! My best mate’s birthday is coming up this weekend, and I’ve been trying to come up with some gift wrapping ideas. I have two gifts for her; one is a lovely bracelet from Anthropologie (which I am happy to keep for myself!), and the other is a pair of earrings handmade by me.
The bracelet came in a cute little pouch (way to go, Anthro!) and I had to up my game – I didn’t want my handmade goodie to look less pretty, no :)
What you’ll need:
- 2 sheets of wrapping paper (I’m using waxed papers)
- piece of felt (optional)
- trims, as many as you’d like
- tag (not in the photo)
1) This is completely optional, but I used needle felted wool as an earring holder.
2) Next, sew the sides and the bottom edges.
3) Arrange the trims and use double clips to secure them (using pins will leave quite visible marks).
4) Sew the top edge together with the trims. Don’t laugh, I know I can’t sew anything straight :)
5) Attach a tag and tie a bow, and you’re done! I simply cut out a piece of waxed paper for the tag.
Voila! Simple, easy and sweet :) If you change the tone of the trims, I’m sure they’ll be lovely as Father’s Day wrapping, too.
For the Anthro bracelet, I used craft paper box; I sealed the rid with masking tapes, poked some holes with an awl and cross-stitched Xs. And the lovely rocket/explosion cat is drew by Mr T (odd combination, but my friend will know why).
If you are interested in waxing papers (come on, it’s really easy and fun!), you can jump on to waxing paper tutorial, and head over to this post for making gift bags with waxed papers. Hope you enjoyed the tutorial!