Nail Art: Marine Nails
Happy Monday, everyone! This week’s nail art is all about summer, and oh yes, it’s making me want to jump into the sea :)
I used (from let):
- OPI / Don’t Touch My Tutu!
- OPI / Pirouette My Whistle
- essie / Lapiz of Luxury
- L’Oreal / 601
How to get the look:
1) Apply base coat.
2) Apply three coats of Don’t Touch My Tutu! on thumb.
3) Apply four coats of Don’t Touch My Tutu! on index and little finger to make gradient art (see tutorial here for gradient art how-to), and apply one coat of Pirouette My Whistle on top.
4) Apply two coats of Lapiz of Luxury on the tip of middle finger.
5) Apply three coasts of 601 on ring finger.
6) Place masking tapes on thumb, apply two coats of Lapiz of Luxury to make stripes, and peel off the masking tapes while the polish is wet.
7) Add rhinestones and pearls.
8) Apply a top coat.
At first, I was going to draw the anchor with a thin brush – I tested it on a piece of paper, and it was so wonky it looked nothing like an anchor! But I’m really happy that I decided to use rhinestones instead, because ‘bling’ anchor ties in the whole design :) Hope you guys are all having lovely summer!