Craft Tutorial: Sachet with Pom Pom
I honestly can’t remember how I lived without Pinterest before. In a matter of months since discovering it, Pinterest has comfortably and firmly rooted in my daily life – oh, the inspirations and eye candies!! So, as a result I ended up with a huge to-do list of crafts and DIYs. Today’s project was one from the list; when I saw these cute sachets with pom poms, I coundn’t resist making some :)
These are absolutely beautiful, simple and girly in just the right amount! I decided to turn them into shoe deodorant sachets, but you could fill them with any dry herbs, of course. So… ready for the tutorial?
What you’ll need:
- pattern *download it from here
*for shoe deodorant how-to, please read this tutorial (super easy!)
**the pattern will make a 8 x 11cm sachet. If you’d like to make bigger sachets, simply print out the pattern in bigger percentages.
1) Cut the fabric according to the pattern. If you are making shoe deodorant, you need to cut two pieces for a pair (I’m making 4 pairs here).
2) Make 1cm notches every now and then along the top edge, fold down by 1cm and press. Sew the edge with sewing machine or by hand.
3) Fold the fabric right sides together, and sew the edge with 1cm seam allowance. Trim the pointy edge so that it turns nicely.
4) Turn the right side out, and the sachet is done (I know, quick and easy)!
5) Make one pom pom per sachet (please read this tutorial to make pom poms with a fork). When you are tying the pom pom, use three long yarns instead of one, and braid them after you trim the pom poms – this will make the cord much stronger.
6) Put dry herbs/deodorant inside the sachets, and tie them with pom poms.
Aren’t they super cute?! I’ll give you a bonus point if you could guess right which ones are mine/Mr T’s!
For the three-in-one pom pom, simply make three pom poms (much smaller in size) and tie them together at the end.
I got carried away (as usual) and made lots of pom poms with mixed colours and patterns, but in the end decided to use only simple ones because of my fabric choice (also most of my shoes are quite colourful). And you know what, our shoe rack looks very colourful and happy now! Hope you enjoyed the tutorial :)