‘By Boe’ Knockoff Tutorial:
Leather Reminder Bow Earrings
Hello Sweets, today I’m going to share you the easiest knockoff tutorial you would find in Small Good Things :) I had some leather cords left from last week’s bracelet tutorials (here and here), and I knew that I wanted to make bow earrings with them.
Then I found these earrings: Leather Reminder Bow Earrings by By Boe (photo credit: endless.com). Super simple and super cute, and I really love the idea of using eyepins as ear posts! So… ready for the tutorial? You’ve got to stay focused because it’ll finish before you’d even realise :D
What you’ll need:
- leather cord, about 20cm (I’m using 1mm cord)
- 2 eyepins
- 2 earring ends
- gold nail polish (or silver. Or any other colour)
- (not in the photo) scissors and wire cutters
1) Thread the leather cord through an eyepin.
2) Tie a bow, as neatly and small as possible.
3) Trim the ends, and repeat step 1 & 2 to make another bow.
4) Trim the excess eyepins using wire cutters. If the tips of eyepins are rough or too pointy, sand it until smooth.
5) Secure the bows (I put them onto a piece of Styrofoam), and paint the tips of bows with nail polish.
6) Set aside until they are dry… and you’re done!
Hands up if it was easier than you thought (hello, anyone?).
And, of course, me being me I had to make another pair :) Oh yes, I can see myself making these earrings in every colour… Hope you enjoyed the tutorial!