Nail Art: Christmas Kitten Nails
Yes. Because it’s Christmas (soon enough), I thought it was time to finally unleash my love for cats on nails. I downloaded these cute kitties’ images from Transient Expression (it’s free download – thanks a million, Rachel!) and printed out on waterslide decal paper.
Ahhhh…. LOVE the kitties. OK, here is how I’ve done:
- essie / Red Label
- essie / Waltz
- waterslide decal paper (and go to this post on Transient Expression to download the cats’ image)
- round glitters
How to get the look:
1) Prepare waterslide decals. If you are new to making and using waterslide decals, read this tutorial here.
2) Prepare star-shaped decals (made of nail polish) – follow this tutorial to make them. Sorry you have to jump to a lot of posts! You also need to cut out a red triangle decal for the hat, and two small triangles for the bow tie.
3) Apply base coat.
4) Apply three coats of Waltz on thumb, middle and ring fingers, and apply two coats of Red Label on index and little fingers.
5) While the polish is still wet, place round glitters on index and little fingers, and then star-shaped decals on middle finger.
6) When the polish is completely dry, place waterslide decals on thumb and ring finger. Apply top coat (do not use Seche Vite at this point! You’ll see why if you read the waterslide decal tutorial) and place hat, bow tie and round glitters.
7) Apply top coat, and you’re done!
I think a lot of you guys are going to have your Christmas nails done this weekend, so I’m going to share you some cute inspirations (which I’ve been drooling over :D).
(images from atelier + LIM)
(image from Dot + LIM)
(image from tsumeiLOG)
You can also see more nail art inspirations on my Pinterest Nail Art Board. Hope you enjoy them!