Craft Tutorial: Ribbon & Rhinestone Bracelet
I’ve been eyeing on pretty bracelets that combine friendship bracelets and rhinestones for quite some time (like, hello, gorgeous creations of Frieda & Nellie), and I wanted to try making one myself – without making a friendship bracelet (because I’m such a bum). I finally decided to make some with my own twist, and my ‘twist’ shall be translated as being lazy :) So, if you have pretty ribbon scraps in your craft stash (you’ll only need about 10cm), now is the time to prettify them!
What you’ll need:
- needle and thread
- trim, about the same length as your wrist
- a pair of hook clasp
- jump rings
- two ribbon crimp ends
- (not in the photo) flat-nose pliers and craft glue
1) Add a small amount of glue at the end of the trim so that it won’t fray. After the glue dries, push the end of the trim inside the clamp.
2) Press and close the clamp with flat-nose priers. My tip is to place a piece of cloth around the clamp so that the pliers won’t scratch or leave marks on it.
3) Repeat step 1&2 to place clamp on the other end.
4) Now the fun begins. Sew on embellishments on the trim, as many as you wish!
5) If you are using non sew-on type rhinestones, simply glue them on the trim.
6) Using jump rings, add a pair of hook clasp to the ribbon crimp ends.
Ta-da! Easy-peasy, right? It only took me about 20 minutes to make it (including the glue drying time). And what do I do when things go smoothly? Make another :)
If you have a scrap ribbons that are too short for other projects, I think this is the perfect way to use them up :) Hope you enjoyed the tutorial!