Craft Tutorial: Charms for Earrings Upcycle
Happy February, everyone! I know, I don’t know how we ended up welcoming February so soon after the New Year (or so I feel)…
Anyways, today’s tutorial is all about upcycling earrings – if you have stud-type earrings that you got bored of, why not give it a new life? I’ve done earrings upcycle tutorial before which added charms on butterfly catches (as a matter of fact, my very first tutorial on SGT!), but this time I’m adding charms on the main earrings themselves. Yes, it’s as easy as it sounds!
What you’ll need:
- a pair of stud earrings
- jump rings / beading wire
- (not in the photo) round and flat-nose pliers, and wire cutters
1) Add jump rings to your beads. If you are using drop-shape beads (like mine), add beading wires to make wrapped loops. For step-by-step instruction for making wrapped loops, please read step7-10 of this tutorial.
2) Add chains and jump rings to the beads.
3) Simply add the beaded chains to the earrings, and you’re done!
Eye-wateringly easy, and these charms are going to be my wardrobe saviour :)
With, or without charms. With one, or with two charms. So many possibilities! Don’t we just love choices (I know I do!)?
Oh, and this is how I store my charms – safety pins. This way I could just hung them with the rest of my earring collections :)
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, and have a lovely weekend!