Beads & Lace Bracelet Tutorial
After writing the beaded bracelet tutorial yesterday, I got hooked on making more bracelets; I experimented using lots of different materials and the one I liked the most was incorporating lace with beads. The skill needed for the bracelet is exactly the same as yesterday’s, so again it’ll only take 5 to 10 minutes to make one. Hope you’ll enjoy the tutorial!
What you’ll need
- beads of your choice
- beading wire (the length you want the bracelet to be + 5cm)
- a piece of lace (twice the length of the beading wire)
- jump ring
- trigger catch
- a pair of flat-nose pliers
- a pair of round-nose pliers
- a pair of wire cutters
1) Make a wrapped loop at the end of the beading wire (for how to make wrapped loops, please read this tutorial).
2) Add lace and beads to the wire. It depends how big your beads are, but the lace should be about 3 cm long between each bead.
3) After adding all the beads, make a wrapped loop again at the end of the wire.
4) Open the jump ring using flat-nose pliers and round-nose pliers, then connect the trigger catch and the wrapped loop of the bracelet. Close the opening with the pliers.
And you are done!
If it looks too ‘girly’ for your taste, try it with black or navy lace. I’ll have some fun trying lots of different combinations, too!