Nail Art Tutorial: White Stripey Wedding
Happy June everyone! As the wedding season is officially on, I’m going to have a series of wedding inspired nail art tutorials throughout this week and next week (I know, wedding is a good excuse for me to add some extra sparkles on :)).
What I used (from right)
- Paul & Joe / 007
- Paul & Joe / 34
To Get the Look:
1) Apply one coat of base coat, and when the nails are dry, apply two coats of 007.
2) When the nails are completely dry, place 1mm width masking tapes on your thumb and ring finger. For how to create perfect stripe art, please read this tutorial.
3) Apply two coats of 34 on the gaps of the masking tapes.
4) When the polish is completely dry, peel off the masking tapes. Don’t worry if you have uneven surfaces, because these will be smoothed perfectly when you apply thick top coat later.
5) Apply a tiny amount of base/top coat and place rhinestones. For the thumb, I put a blue rhinestone (for ‘something blue’, of course!) and tiny silver balls around it. If you haven’t used silver balls before, please read this post.
6) And for the middle finger, I put a pink rhinestone and four silver balls. See, silver balls come so handy! When you are done adding rhinestones on your nails, apply thick top coat, and you’re done!
I LOVE rhinestones but I HATE taking photos of them! I think it’s got something to do with the light; they never come up with the real colour or look that good in the photos… Anyways, hope you enjoyed the tutorial!